Friday, April 13, 2012

UFO's

I saw this antique unfinished piece of needlework a while back. It is gorgeous but I find it sad it was never finished as then it could have been spectacular.


Seeing this piece got me thinking about the number of UFO's I have and the guilt made me pull one out last month and finish it up. It only required backstitching, which I find tedious and which is why it was set aside. It has been waiting around for me to finish it since 1997!



So here she is, from Shepherd's Bush!. 15 years is a long time to sit around and it is not the first piece I would pull out of my "want to do" folder today. But she is done and I am much happier because of it. How many UFO's do you have waiting patiently for you to finish them?

!

6 comments:

marly said...

I'm a weird duck. I've never had several projects started at the same time. Being such an unfocused scatter brain, I should have many unfinished and misplaced stitching projects!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

I don't have too many projects going at once. I am, for the most part, a one project at a time gal. But, I do have a couple of them and it is doubtful I'll ever get back to them. Good for you for finishing yours. This older SB design is still charming!

LauraNorthernCA said...

I love it! It looks great. I have very few UFOs because I'm a one-at-a-time stitcher. Over the years I discovered that, if I put something down, I never pick it up again.

CJ in OK ;-) said...

OK now I am feeling like I need to work on one of the really old ones that have the same missing backstitching. Congrats on your finish. CJ in OK ;-)

Andrea said...

Wow, what a gorgeous unfinished sampler you found!

Congrats on your SB finish, it's adorable! My oldest WIP is And They Sinned, which I started in 2000 and am only halfway through...sigh.

xoxo

Kay said...

Yes, I am guilty of long-put-away ufo's. If I stop work on something I find it hard to go back to, so stopping and going onto something else is never good in this house. Now I am concentrating on smaller things this year apart from a larger piece for our wedding anniversary.

Related Posts with Thumbnails