Tuesday, June 10, 2008

In Memory



I just came in from the mailbox and was so excited to see one of my designs in the July/August 2008 issue of Just Cross Stitch. This is called "In Memory" and I stitched it for my grandmother who died in 1980. I had wanted to do a sampler for her in 1999, sort of a 100th year tribute to her but never could find a design I wanted to do. I'm so happy with how this turned out. It uses Belle Soie silks from Crescent Colours and I loved stitching with them. I see JCS is offering a kit with the supplies. I hope you like this piece as much as I enjoyed creating it.

8 comments:

mainely stitching said...

Deborah, it's stunning. I'm just 'wowed' by it. I'll have to ask a friend in the US to pick this issue up and send it to me.

I haven't stitched a lot of your designs yet - though I do have a healthy stack of them! - but I absolutely love your style. Keep up the good work!

Katrina said...

It's gorgeous! What a beautiful tribute to your grandmother.

Anonymous said...

It's very pretty, Deborah. Congratulations on having it published in JCS!

Sharon said...

It's beautiful!

Julie said...

Very beautiful and the reason why I am purchasing this issue!

Anonymous said...

Oh Deborah, this is lovely! I'll be getting this issue for sure :)

Shari said...

when I saw this in the magazine yesterday, it brought to mind my own grandmother. She was born in 1900 & passed away in 1980 as well. I was expecting my first child at the time. What a neat tribute to your grandma!!!

Cathy Lloyd said...

Beautiful Deborah! Congratulations!

Cathy in Utah

Related Posts with Thumbnails