Tuesday, July 04, 2006

So many birthdays, so little time...

I stitched a Blackbird Designs piece a few months ago for a friend and can now post it without ruining the surprise. Another friend taught me to lace the piece and I inserted it into a ready made frame and the backing is decorative paper.
I love punch needle. Not only do I love the look of little mini hooked rugs, but I love that it's so quick and easy to make and so quick and easy to finish. Here are a few I've finished recently for friends' birthdays. The above is from Meme's Cottage Collection.

This is from Prairie Grove Peddler and is called Autumn Bouquet. I see they have another in different colors called Spring Bouquet.

And this little sheep is from Stone and Thread.
Happy Birthday dear friends, I hope you'll enjoy.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deb, wow ! these are lovely and I *love* the way you framed them ! this is an excellent idea ! so pretty !

mainely stitching said...

Good heavens, but your friends are lucky! They must just wait anxiously all year long for their birthday and your wonderful, beautiful, gift!

Andrea said...

O M G! Deborah! I love all of these so much!! You know I am going to have to track down that designer because punch needle just didn't do that much for me until seeing your finishes. Gosh, they are gorgeous!! Maybe someday you can tell me how to mount them like you've done here?

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Your punchneedle is great. I am really trying to get the word out about how fun and easy this is glad to see you are too. Happy Stitching, CJ

Jinger said...

The Blackbird design is lovely! I love the way you have it framed on the decorative paper. What is "lacing" and how do you do it?

catandturtle said...

I love the clever way you frame your pieces. They look so great. I am punch needle fan too. Ann.

Anonymous said...

wow ! your Blackbird is gorgeous !

Anonymous said...

lovely embroideries, and nice frames too ..
hugs
argone
http://argone.over-blog.com

Susimac said...

Oh lovely. I especially love the BD its lovely and I like your idea of backing paper.

Related Posts with Thumbnails