Saturday, August 27, 2005

New Designs

I released 3 new designs last week. The first is called Quaker Meetinghouse. I used traditional Quaker half medallions for the border and added a "meetinghouse" as the focal point. I don't think I've ever seen a Quaker design with a house on it and since meetinghouses are a major part of Quaker communities I thought it would be nice to have one. A stitcher can add initials of their family around the flower using the traditional Quaker alphabet.


My second release is a small Adam and Eve done over one with non-traditional colors. I thought it might be fun to see one done in pastels. The linen is "Bittersweet" by Lakeside Linens and is a soft pink. The threads are Crescent Colours. The verse reads "We are the leaves of one branch, the drops of one ocean, the flowers of one garden". Stay tuned for "Adam and Eve Revisited" which will be a very large Adam and Eve in more antique colors, lots of red and a very large house at the bottom.
And last is Medieval Mermaid. I love mermaids (if you'll notice, I even put one in my Adam and Eve piece) and thought this might be a different look than what I've seen in other mermaid designs. The quote is from Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream". It's all in one color, which makes it easy to stitch, and uses Gentle Art's Shaker Threads, Black Raspberry Jam.

I'm busy stitching away on a model that I call "Remember Me". It has a large floral border and I'm using NPI silks including one of their new "Northern Lights" overdyes for the border. I started this 3 times using 3 different fabrics and 3 different colorways before I landed on the current one. I love bright colors and in trying to make this a more muted, antique looking piece I just wasn't satisfied. I have another very large sampler waiting in the wings to be stitched. I'm calling it "Sweet Bird" for now and am still mulling over thread colors in my mind as I stitch up Remember Me.

5 comments:

Chelle said...

Deborah your designs are lovely!

Anonymous said...

Oh gf, I think all your designs are so beautiful and so unique as well! It's great seeing all your ideas come to fruition in print. Thank God you're speedy and don't keep us waiting too long for more.

Anonymous said...

Deborah, I posted on Legacy but I wanted to say again that the Quaker Meeting House design is fabulous! I can't wait to get this one. What overdye did you use for the Quaker medallions - is it the same as the mermaid piece?

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous !!! they are absolutely wonderful, Deb ! and I can't resist to the Quaker one ! I love it, I love it !!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous !!! they are absolutely wonderful, Deb ! and I can't resist to the Quaker one ! I love it, I love it !!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails